COOLFISH GAMES Ltd.
Last Updated: Apr. 19, 2019
Effective Date: Apr. 19, 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Your privacy is important to us, and we take our responsibility of caring for it seriously. This policy describes what information COOLFISH collects when you use the mobile, online and downloadable products and services offered by COOLFISH and its subsidiaries and/or attend live events hosted by or in connection with COOLFISH ("products").
- Information We Collect
- How We Collect Information
- How We Use Your Information
- Information We Share with Third Parties
- Where We Hold Your Information
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- Your Choices and Controls
- Third Party Services
- Changes to Our Policy
- Contact Us
1. Information We Collect
The information we collect depends on what products you use and how you use them. Please see below for more details. A. Information You Give Us Directly We collect information you provide us, including:
When you participate in social features (such as chat), the information that you disclose may become publically available. It also may be read, copied, collected or used by other users. Please make sure your privacy settings reflect your preferences.
When you participate in online multiplayer games, your in-game profile information, gameplay, and statistics are visible to all. In competitive game modes, such as FUT Champions, we may record your gameplay, and your controller button inputs, and replay these together with your in-game profile information and game statistics to other players in-game and at live COOLFISH/partner events.
B. Other Information We Collect When You Use Our Products
We collect other information automatically when you use our products, including:
- Your COOLFISH Account information, including email address, username, country, date of birth, telephone number and password;
- Security questions and answers;
- Details you provide in response to surveys about our products;
- Information you provide when seeking help from us such as your name, telephone number and records of the issues you experience; and
- Billing information, such as your name, payment card number and payment account details;
We also may collect and store information locally on your device, using mechanisms like cookies, browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
C. Information Provided to Us by Third Parties
- IP address;
- Mobile and other hardware or device identifiers;
- Browser information, including your browser type and the language you prefer;
- Referring and exit pages, including landing pages and pages viewed;
- Platform type;
- Information about your device, hardware and software, such as your hardware settings and components, COOLFISH software and updates you have installed or use, and presence of required plug ins;
- Details about what COOLFISH products you use and your use of them; and
- Device event information, including crash reports, request and referral URL's and system activity details (e.g. whether you encountered an error playing our games or lost Internet access).
If you play or purchase our games on your mobile device and/or tablet, we receive information about you from the app stores and other mobile platform providers. This information includes your username and/or device ID and the fact that you made a purchase, for instance, but does not include any sensitive or financial information. Some of our mobile platforms also may send information to us that you authorize them to provide. Our mobile products also may request additional personal information from you, such as push notification tokens, your precise location or contact list, and we will collect this information only if you give us your explicit consent.
Other Third Parties
We may receive information from third parties, like Facebook or Game Center, when you use these services in connection with our products. We may also receive information about you when other players choose to share their contact lists with us.
We also may receive information from third parties to supplement the information we receive from you. We use information from these companies primarily to help us deliver relevant advertising to you. We also may use information from third parties, for instance, to help us understand your approximate geolocation via your IP address for tax purposes, or to customize certain services to your location, and for fraud and/or abuse prevention purposes.
D. Legal Basis for Processing If you are a resident of the European Union, we rely on a number of legal grounds to process information about you. For example, we will process information about you where we have your consent, where we have a legitimate interest to do so, where the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, and where we have a legal obligation to process your information. For example, we rely on our legitimate interests to serve targeted marketing and on contractual necessity to process information when you create an COOLFISH Account. To learn more about the legal grounds on which we rely to process your information for any particular purpose, please contact us via the options in Section 11 below.
2. How We Collect Information
We collect some information from you when you provide it to us directly, such as via an online form or when you talk with our customer experience team. We and third parties also use certain technologies described below to collect information to deliver excellent experiences.
A. Cookies and Similar Technologies
We use other technologies for similar purposes as a cookie. We use pixels or clear GIFs to collect information about your use of our products and your response to our marketing emails. We use Internet log files (which contain technical data such as your IP address) to monitor traffic on our products, troubleshoot technical problems, detect and prevent fraud and enforce our User Agreement. Other examples include HTML 5 cookies, Silverlight Application Storage, device fingerprints and "flash cookies." If you want to remove flash cookies or prevent them from being placed, adjust your preferences in the Macromedia Website Privacy Settings Panel at www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/. We currently do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. We may adopt a DNT standard if one is established. In the meantime, you may opt out of certain types of tracking, including certain analytics and tailored advertising by changing your cookie settings.
We also use Analytics, Advertising, Anti-Cheat and Anti-Fraud technologies in our products that utilize the same cookies and similar mechanisms. These technologies are described below.
B. Analytics Technologies
We use our own game servers and internal and third party analytic technologies to collect information about how you use our products, your computer or device and the health of our products.
For instance, COOLFISH may collect and store data from your computer or device when you use our products. This information includes technical and related information about your computer or device and operating system (such as IP Address and device ID), information about your feature usage, gameplay and usage statistics, system interactions and peripheral hardware for purposes described in section 3, below. If you play a game offline, this data will be stored on your device and transmitted to COOLFISH when your device connects to the Internet. If you participate in online services, COOLFISH also may collect, use, store, transmit and publicly display your persona and/or statistical data regarding your game play (including scores, rankings and accomplishments), or identify content that is created and shared by you with other players.
Third party analytics services integrated into our products may combine the information they collect in connection with COOLFISH's services with information they have independently collected over time and across different websites. Many of these companies collect and use information under their own privacy policies.
C. Ad Serving Technologies
- Advertisements served and the location of the ad;
- Length of time an advertisement was visible;
- Domain type, IP address, size of the advertisement; and
- Advertisement response.
Third party advertising companies may combine the information collected in the context of delivering an ad to you via our products with other information they have independently collected over time and across different websites. Many of these companies collect and use information under their own privacy policies.
To learn more about some of these ad networks' practices, or to opt out of third party targeted advertising, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org, www.aboutads.info/choices, youradchoices.ca, or www.youronlinechoices.eu. Note that opting out does not mean you won't see ads; it just means that the advertising you see may be less relevant to your interests. D. Anti-Cheat and Fraud Prevention Technologies
3. How We Use Your Information
We use your personal and non-personal information, both individually and combined together, in the following ways: To operate our business and to enhance and personalize your game experience including to:
To provide you support, including to:
- Operate, improve, and develop our games and services;
- Provide you with personalized recommendations for COOLFISH products and/or features;
- Populate online leaderboards and enable online matchmaking;
- Provide replays to you and other players via spectator modes;
- Help you find your friends or tell your friends about an COOLFISH product;
- Facilitate sharing on social networks;
- Serve and measure the effectiveness of advertising;
- Measure the health of our services;
- Set up and maintain accounts you register for;
- Provide game experiences that you may like;
- Set up loyalty programs;
- Facilitate your gameplay on multiple devices when available;
- Identify, fix, and troubleshoot bugs and service errors;
- Provide software updates;
- Activate or authenticate your games and save game progress and stats;
- Run competitions and contests;
- Adhere to your preferences and to deliver dynamic content; and
- Help keep our services safe and fair, resolve disputes, investigate and help curb fraud and illegal behavior, comply with the law, and to enforce our agreements and policies.
To personalize our communications with you, including to:
- Help identify and troubleshoot problems with your account or games;
- Survey your opinions through surveys or questionnaires;
- Communicate with you and respond to your specific requests or questions; and
- Manage and send you confirmations and important information about your account, products, purchases, subscriptions, and warranties.
6. How We Protect Your Personal Information
Security of our players' information is a priority at COOLFISH, and we take a range of measures to help protect it, including encryption of sensitive financial information. Even so, no security measure is 100% perfect. This means we cannot guarantee the security of your information and do not assume any responsibility for the unauthorized use or access to your information under our control.
Protecting children's privacy online is extremely important to COOLFISH. Many COOLFISH online or mobile products and services are intended for general audiences and do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. When users identify themselves as being children we will: (1) not provide a path for them to input personal information, (2) collect certain information for limited purposes only, (3) block or restrict the child from accessing relevant services, such as chat functionality; and/or (4) obtain consent from parents for the use of their children's personal information, all according to applicable law. When we say children, we mean under the age of 13 or the minimum age in the relevant territory if that age is older than 13. Through our mobile applications your child will be able to receive local in-app notifications, which do not collect any personal information. Please note that if you grant consent for your child to use COOLFISH's online or mobile products and services, this may include such general audience communication services as email, instant messaging, and online groups, and your child will be able to communicate with, and disclose personal information to, other users of all ages.
10. Changes to Our Policy We may update this policy from time to time, so please review it frequently. We'll notify you of material changes via a notice on our home page (www.coolfishgames.com) thirty days before they go into effect. If we are required by applicable data protection laws to give you enhanced notice or seek your consent to any such changes, we will do so.
11. Contact Us
If you have a complaint or question about this policy, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Present offers and/or information relating to games you might like;
- Make recommendations to you; and
- Personalize advertising for you and deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers.